We are back!
Kingston Days will be celebrated the weekend of August 1-3, 2014. As always, the heart of the celebrations is the Kingston Volunteer Fire Department (KVFD) Annual Picnic which takes place on Saturday, August 2nd. This is a special year as KVFD will be turning 40 within six months of the event. The wrinkles are showing too!
Kingston Days was created to celebrate Kingston’s sesquicentennial (150th) anniversary. The entire weekend is put together and staffed by members of the Kingston Volunteer Fire Department (KVFD), the Kingston Fire Association, and their families. The KVFD Annual Picnic has been held annually for over 30 years. All proceeds will benefit the Kingston Volunteer Fire Department, a non-profit 501(c)4 organization (Federal Tax ID: 94-2370760).
Schedule of Events (some times are approximate)
August 1, 2014
Kingston Open House (Check with local businesses for specials and their hours of operation)
- Zach’s Lucky Spur Saloon 775-964-2000
- Kingston Creek Lodge 775-964-1301
- Miles End B&B 775-964-1046
- General Store 775-964-2400 (everyday price of $6.99 for six pack cans of Budweiser, Bud Light, Coors and Coors Light)
August 2, 2014 – KVFD Annual Picnic 11AM-8:30PM
Location: Kingston (Lee Baker) Park and Kingston Pond
Meal and Beverage Deals
- $10 BBQ Lunch: Tri tip beef BBQ, ranch beans, corn on cob, potato salad, dinner (green) salad, assorted cookies, and a non-alcoholic beverage. SERVED NOON to 2:30PM
- $5 Sandwiches: Tri tip beef sandwich on French hoagie roll with a bag of assorted chips. SERVED 3PM TO 7PM
- Free for Children 7 years and younger (Hot Dogs will be SUBSTITUTED for tri tip beef)
- Half-price meals for active military, police, fire, or EMS personnel with photo ID.
- Sodas/Water $1; Domestic Can Beer, Mike’s Harder Lemonade, or Wine (red or white) $3; Gatorade G2 $3
In the Kid Zone
- Bounce House and many kids activities/prizes all day
- Play with your kids or watch them interact with others
- Supervised beginning at 11AM
- Cost: FREE
Bingo, Bingo, Bingo
- Bingo: $5/card (play same card all day for flat fee)
- Prizes awarded to winner(s) of each game – $100 cash prize for winner(s) of final Blackout game
- General Raffle: $1/ticket
- Top prizes include a 45qt Pelican Guide cooler (keeps ice for 6-10 days), gold and silver coins donated by RMGC, and much, much more!
- Gun Raffles: $1/ticket/gun
- Gun #1: Springfield XDM 40AE Compact Pistol with XDM hard case and Range Kit.
- Gun #2: Ruger .270 American Rifle with scope mounts, adjustable Marksman trigger, and navy digital camo stock.
- Gun #3: Davey Crickett 22 Kid’s Rifle with parental lockout key, stainless barrel, and Mossy Oak “Break UP” camo stock. Also includes CRICKETT Leather Sling and “My First Rifle” soft case.
- Winner must pay for and pass $25 federal background check (NV CCW holders can avoid fee). If a drawn winner cannot pass the background check, another ticket/winner will be drawn. If a winning ticket has no phone number and the winner is absent, another winner/ticket will be drawn. PLEASE PROVIDE PHONE NUMBER AND NAME ON GUN RAFFLE TICKETS
Rubber Ducky Race
- Purchase your lucky ducky for $5/race
- 50% of entry fees awarded to winners (cash)
- Location: Kingston Creek adjacent to Orchard area
- Location: Kingston Park
- $10 per entrant (2 person teams), winning team awarded 50% of entry fees
- Double elimination
- Bid on a variety of donated items including metal art, hay, and who knows what. items announced at the event.
- Reminder: Credit Cards accepted
Watermelon Eating Contest
- Can you do it?
- A classic event open to all ages
- Cost: FREE
Tomahawk Toss (NEW!)
- Must be 16 years of age or older to participate with photo ID. Liability release form required.
- Scoring and Rules will be explained at event
- Cost: $10/Entrant
- 50% of entry fees will be awarded as prize money to 1st Place winner of event. 2nd Place winner will receive a M-Tech Throwing Tomahawk and nylon sheath.
All Day DJ
- Battle Mountain DJ Jonn Scovil with be spinning a selection of country and rock favorites. Ask him to play a song just for you.
- Time: All Day including during fireworks presentation
Mini Farmer’s Market (select vendors)
- A limited number of vendors will be invited to sell products/services at the picnic. Past vendors have offered produce, baked goods, hand-made jewelry, and custom clothing items. See below to inquire about becoming a vendor.
Kaboom! Fireworks Show
- Wind Permitting, a fireworks show will commence at 8:30PM from the Kingston Pond.
- DJ Jonn Scovil will provide background music
August 3, 2014
Volunteer/Sponsor Appreciation BBQ (4PM)
- Free BBQ for those person who volunteered their time or substantially donated to KVFD this year.
- Not open to the general public
For question regarding the event, to donate auction/bingo/raffle prizes, or to inquire about being a vendor, please contact Bradley Ward (Assistant Chief) at 775-964-1034. All donations are tax deductible.
For more information about the Kingston Volunteer Fire Department, please visit www.kingstonfire.org